Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

This is such a strange day to me, not really a holiday, seems like a hallmark fabrication, but still it is fun. In the past we have gone to IHOP for family valentine's day. This year my husband surprised me with a fancy dinner date on Thursday night. It was so much fun. A valentine's card and bag of dark chocolate M &M's on my desk when I woke up with the invite for dinner in the card. So sweet. And then a beautiful arrangement of hydrangeas when he arrived home from work early to help get all kiddos ready for bed.
Today I worked the morning, so it was Wake t-shirt and pancake morning with daddy. We made fajitas for dinner and then went out for a valentine's day treat of Cold Stone Creamery ice cream. Yummy!!! Fun day had by all!
So every day is the opportunity to tell my valentine I love and adore him, but I guess today is an excuse to do it in a new and different way.
Happy Valentine's Day to all!

1 comment:

the bakers said...

fun day! sweet post! happy valentine's day, kedershas!