Friday, December 5, 2008

TWO!!!!

Big Brothers!
enjoying my cookie cake (doesn't really look like it but I am)








blow out the candle with mommy


I'm a litle behind...so Mr. C celebrated the big 2 last week. We had a small get together of a few neigborhood friends with an Elmo theme. He enjoyed all the attention, don't think he gets birthday's yet, but I'm sure he will by next year. I tried to keep my sanity so instead of making the whole cake I bought cookie "cakes" and decorated them. Much easier and really it is the decorating part I enjoy. So Elmo cookie cake and one with Happy Birthday, Carson with apple pie or peppermint ice cream, oh and pizza were the menu for the evening. We had 3 families with 10 kids including 2 infants, and truly the adults had a great time hanging out and catching up with very few interuptions! The kids played so well!

We didn't do gifts at the party, we suggested each family give to Watermark's Stuff the Truck (toy donation to Dallas families in need) instead (he still doesn't know the difference and has more toys than he needs at this point). We did celebrate on Nov 30, his actual birthday as a family and he got Elmo Live from all of us. He loves, as do his brothers!!! He also got this really cute Crayola thing, part of their toddler coloring system. You can color all over this bear looking thing and it washes off. it's plastic belly lights up like a night light and it plays soft soothing music. Lots of fun!

So we are officially 2, and as I posted earlier, showing his 2ness
on occasion! He went for his 2 year check up and shots. He is 30 lbs in the 75th percentile and 36 inches in the 98th percentile for height. As the Dr. said, he is dense, we would agree. He is cutie and redeems his 2ness with a sweet "i'm sorry", pats on the back and hugs for whomever he offends. His dimples and his floppy hair also add to his cuteness.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Carson! Tell your Mommy that I got her message from earlier today and will call her asap! ;)