Sunday, February 17, 2008

Passion Dallas

WOW!! What a joy and honor to serve as a volunteer this weekend as Passion Regional event Dallas. I was one of about 160 volunteers that helped to pull off an event for 6,000 college student from TX, AR, LA, TN, MS, IN, IL, and the list goes on. Some of the volunteers came from WA, MO, MN just to name a few and some had been at 2 or 3 previous regional events in the last 4 months.
Here are a few things that stuck out:
1) 6,000 college kids in love with or in search of Jesus spent 36 hours worshipping and listening.
2) they gave money (for the international events and for wells to be dug in villages in Africa), towels and socks (to be given to area homeless shelters), and the clothes off their backs to give to students at Union University in Jackson, TN that were devastated by a tornado 2 weeks ago.
3)this wasn't a conference meant to be about speakers or bands, but the emphasis was on what these kids could do to change the world-starting with living a life as a believer in Jesus that looks different than their non-believing friends and moving all the way to believing that God may have huge unimaginable plans for their lives that they need to be willing to say "Yes, Lord" because He is Lord not because He has shown them the plan and the map for how it will happen.
4)It was awesome to be a part of something that is so much bigger than I am, that will have a trickle down effect all over the world and not to make me feel good or me known but so that Jesus will be known.
5)Finally, I found myself praying that someday my kids would be at something like this, in love with their Saviour, willing to give themselves to Him in whatever way He asked. And that I would trust God with whatever that looked like. It is scary to think of what lies before our kids in this world and I know I don't want to push them or force them but I will earnestly pray that God will capture their hearts and protect them from evil!

These things are always hard to capture and explain for me, and there is so much more, but this is a taste of what the weekend was like. Unfortunately I forgot my camera!!! Here is a link to the blog that will have some photos and summary of the weekend. http://www.268blog.blogspot.com/

Most important, is a thank you to my husband for flying solo with our boys so that I could be a part of this. I would have loved to serve beside him, but he gave me the opportunity to do this because he loves me.

No comments: